What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file that is downloaded to the computer/phone/tablet from the user when accessing a website, online store, intranet, online platform or similar, to store and retrieve information about the navigation that is made from that computer. This information serves us to improve the quality of our website and the user experience on it.
II. TYPOLOGY, PURPOSE AND OPERATION OF COOKIES
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be divided into session or permanent cookies:
Session Cookies: these are those that store data only while the user accesses the website and once abandoned it does not remain on the user’s hard drive.
Permanent cookies: These are those that store the data on the user’s hard drive so that they are accessed and used each time he visits our website.
Depending on the entity that manages them, we can distinguish between:
Own cookies: these are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
Third-party cookies: these are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies. For example Google Analytics or Comscore).
Depending on the purpose, cookies can be classified as follows:
Technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to browse through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts, remembering the elements that make up an order, making the process of purchasing an order , make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
Analysis cookies: These are those that allow the person responsible for them, the monitoring and analysis of the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of such sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
Advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the publisher has included in a website, application or platform from which it provides the requested service based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency in which the ads are displayed.
III. Cookies used on this website
This website uses the following own cookies:
– Session cookies: These cookies do not contain any personal information and do not allow the identification of the user. They are commonly used to record the information provided during the use of the website; record user data when the user connects to the site; collect information about the use of websites.
This website uses the following third-party cookies:
– Google Analytics: Stores cookies to be able to develop statistics on the traffic and volume of visits to this website. They allow you to track the website using the Google Analytics tool, which is a service provided by Google to obtain information about users’ access to websites. Some of the data stored for further analysis are: the number of times the user has visited the website, dates of the first and last visit of the user, duration of visits, page from which the user has accessed the website, the search engine that the user has used to reach the website or link that he has selected, place of the world from which the user accesses, etc. The settings for these cookies are predetermined by the service offered by Google, which is why we suggest that you check Google’s privacy page, http://www.google.es/intl/es/policies/technologies/cookies/ for more information about the cookies you use and how to disable them.
– Google (Doubleclick.com): Stores cookies to be able to customize the advertisements displayed on Google services especially when the user is not signed in from a Google account. These cookies can be stored in browsers on the doubleclick.net domain. The settings for these cookies are predetermined by the service offered by Google, which is why we suggest that you check Google’s privacy page, http://www.google.es/intl/es/policies/technologies/cookies/ for more information about the cookies you use and how to disable them.
– Social networks: Each social network uses its own cookies so that you can click on like or share buttons. The configuration of these cookies is predetermined by the service offered by each social network, which is why we suggest that you consult the privacy page of each social network:
IV. HOW TO MANAGE/DISABLE COOKIES IN YOUR BROWSER
The user can allow, block or delete cookies installed on his/her computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on his/her computer. Here’s how to access the settings menu of the most popular browsers.
– Click the Chrome menu in the browser toolbar.
– Select Settings.
– Click Show advanced settings.
– In the “Privacy” section, click the Content Settings button.
– In the “Cookie” section, you can change the settings related to cookies.
– Click the menu button and select Favorites.
– Select the Privacy panel.
– In the History Settings entry: select Use custom settings for history.
– To enable cookies, mark the entry Accept cookies from sites entry; to deactivate them, uncheck the entry.
– Click the Tools button and then in Internet Options.
– Click the Privacy tab and under Settings scroll the device sliding up to block all cookies or sliding down to allow them all and then click OK (Blocking cookies may prevent the correct display of some web pages).
– To set Safari’s blocking of cookies on iOS 8, tap Settings > Safari > Block cookies and choose “Always allow”, “Allow only from the websites I visit”, “Allow only from the current website” or “Always block”.
– On iOS 7 or less recent versions, choose “Never”, “Third Party and Advertisers” or “Always”.